Is St John's and St Clement's right for my child?
St John’s and St Clement’s is a Church of England, two form entry school with a Hearing Impaired Resource Base. The environment is as follows:
- The school building is a three storey building. The Foundation Stage and Year 1 classrooms are on the ground floor. The other classrooms are accessed by stairs. Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access. Teachers adapt classroom layouts to cater for children with special needs and or a disability. There are disabled access toilets on each floor and rails have been added.
- Use of electronic equipment such as lap-tops, ipads, alternative keyboards and dictaphones are available.
- Writing slope boards, writing grips, alternative scissors (e.g. loop scissors) use of ‘wobble boards’ or move ‘n’ sit cushions are available for children with dyspraxia or ADHD.
- The school has an accessibility plan that is reviewed regularly.
- The classrooms are fitted with baffle boards which provide an improved acoustic environment aiding our HI children.
- We are an accredited Healthy School having achieved the Bronze Healthy Schools London award.