Our Christian Distinctiveness
Our Aims and Ethos
Our mission statement
Working together in the
Love of God
Love of life and
Love of Learning
Our school values are - Respect, Justice, Honesty, Responsibility & Co-operation
- As a Church school, we believe each person is made in the image of God. We strive to reflect the love of God, love of life and love of learning in all that we do.
- We endeavour to build our school on our core values of justice, honesty, respect, co-operation and responsibility.
- Our aim is to foster the intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of all our pupils. We believe that children need a caring, consistent environment where they are treated with respect and where their well-being is seen as paramount.
We believe that each child should leave school with:
- A sense of moral and spiritual awareness
- A sense of wonder and curiosity about the world around them
- A love of learning and the desire to achieve high standards
- A growing ability to relate to and communicate with other people
- A sense of their citizenship of the school and the wider community.
Daily acts of collective worship (assemblies) are held for all pupils. The whole school meets once a week, and on other days KS1 and KS2 meet separately.
Our daily Christian based assemblies foster the pupils’ moral and spiritual development and build on their experiences in RE lessons. Collective Worship is led by the Head Teacher, members of the teaching staff or visiting clergy.
The subject delivery is enhanced by visiting speakers and classes visiting places of worship.
This term we are focusing on our school values and learning about amazing people.